Friday, 23 August 2013

What documentation do I need for traveling inside the European Union?

Portuguese passengers shall carry valid Identity Card. "cédula pessoal" is not considered a valid document.

Additionally in order to benefit from hospital medical aid in any country of the European Union (27 State-Members), Iceland, Liechenstein, Norway and Swiss, passengers should be carriers of the European Card for Illness Insurance, which, in Portugal, can be obtained in any "loja do cidadão", in Social Security services or requesting it by email to Social Security.

More information here.

No comments:

Post a Comment