Monday, 2 September 2013

Which vaccines should I have?

The recommend vaccines depend on the geographical zone where you are traveling to. Whenever you are going to travel outside of Europe you should consult a traveler's health specialist. If you are traveling with your family, namely with infants and/or elderly people, you should bear in mind the special heath cares that they might need. The traveler's health consultations are provided by infectious illnesses and tropical medicine specialists. 

The appropriate vaccines, depending on destination, are the ones that protect against the following illnesses: cholera, diphtheria, Japanese encephalitis, hepatitis A, hepatitis B, influenza, rabies, tetanus and typhoid fever. The International Sanitary Regulation in force stipulates that the only vaccine that might be required of the travelers when going trough border control is the yellow fever vaccine. You may obtain more information in the World Health Organization site.

No comments:

Post a Comment